Special 3 or 4 Day Middle Fork Trips
The Middle Fork of the Salmon is normally a 5 or 6 day trip covering 75 or 100 miles. There is no road access to the river between the put-in point and the take-out. But there are some airstrips along the river, and we are using two of these to offer shorter trips.
MIDDLE FORK 4-DAY TRIP August 20 - 23, 2006 $1295 per person
On this trip we begin by flying in to the Thomas airstrip at the Middle Fork Lodge and floating 65 miles to the regular take-out at Cache Bar. This trip gives us two days of relatively easy water before we enter Impassable Canyon, with the best and most challenging rapids the Middle Fork has to offer. Some highlights of the trip are natural hot springs, Indian pictographs, and such great rapids as Earthquake, Redside, Webber, Hancock, Rubber, House Rock and Devil's Tooth before we reach the confluence with the Main Salmon, or River of No Return. We end with Cramer Creek, the four-year-old rapid on the Main Salmon and the biggest of them all.
MIDDLE FORK 3-DAY TRIP September 1-3. 2006 $995 per person
On this trip we fly into an airstrip at The Flying B Ranch and float the last 35 miles of the Middle Fork. The river starts gaining momentum shortly after leaving the Ranch, and continues to build as we float through Impassable Canyon before running onto the Main Salmon.
- charter flight from the town of Stanley to the river the morning of the first day
- Tents, sleeping bags, air mattresses and camp chairs
- All meals, beginning with lunch the first day and ending with lunch the last day
- Beer, wine and soft drinks with meals
- Bus transportation from the river to the town of Salmon the last day
Price does not include:
- Transportation to Stanley before the trip and from Salmon after the trip
- Pre- and post-trip lodging