Spend the summer with ECHO and you'll learn all about outfitting multi-day rafting trips from one of the most respected companies around. We know what it takes to run great river trips, employ the best guides in the business and look forward to showing you the behind-the-scenes work that has kept us afloat since 1972.
Rogue River Intern
This is a great opportunity for someone in an outdoor education program or a hopeful river guide that isn't quite ready to take on the river full-time. Your main job will be to assist the Rogue River manager with whatever is needed to run high-quality river trips. You'll gain a great perspective on running an outdoor recreation business and get to spend the summer in beautiful, scenic Southern Oregon on the famous Rogue River!
General responsibilities include:
- Organizing, maintaining, and repairing rafts and gear
- Learning how to pack and load rafts for multi-day trips
- Interacting with the ECHO office via phone and email
- Learning to navigate relationships with other outfitters and Forest Service or BLM employees
- Row the Rogue River as an Assistant Boater to carry excess gear and help the guides on high-volume trips
- Anything else the Rogue Manager needs extra hands for
If you're handy, energetic, have GREAT people skills and a passion for running rivers, we'd love to hear from you!
ECHO Office Intern
Join our small office team in Hood River, Oregon for the summer to learn about the business side of the outfitting world. Great trips require great customer service, and we'll show you the ropes of booking trips and running a successful small business. You'll gain a wonderful perspective on the day-to-day requirements of marketing and executing fun family vacations.
The right person for this position has:
- Awesome customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Photo editing skills
- Great attention to details
- Knowledge of social networking websites
- A desire to learn about the rafting/outfitting world
If you're organized, upbeat, love to email and talk on the phone and want to experience a casual office setting with exciting marketing goals, we'd love to hear from you!