ECHO is looking for a few exceptional river guides to work multi-day trips on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River. This is one of the finest rivers in the west, and ECHO is a great company to work for. We also recognize that guides are the most important factor in providing excellent river trips. We want the best. We know that a river trip is a social event as much as it is a wilderness or whitewater adventure, and guides are the catalysts that make the event what it is. Guides set the tone. Good guides can make an otherwise bad trip a good trip, and they can make an otherwise OK trip an excellent one. They do this through the energy they put into the trip. Not just the physical energy, but the social energy. Good guides have strong social skills. They care about people, and are sensitive to their needs. They are entertaining, engaging, and fun to be with.
- Row and paddle rafts down the rivers we run
- Cook healthy and delicious meals
- Look out for the safety and well being of our guests
- Educate our guests about the natural and social histories of the rivers and canyons
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
- Swiftwater Rescue Certification (preferrably WRT)
- Experience guiding multi-day river trips
- Physical qualities: Strength, endurance, and athletic ability
- Social qualities: Sensitive, entertaining, engaging, and fun to be with
- Character: Have a strong work ethic, sense of responsibility, honesty, and a sense of adventure
- Download our employment application (do not use a web browser OR Apple Preview to fill this out. You must use Adobe Acrobat or fill it out by hand.)
AND you really have to LOVE guiding. You should love being on rivers with your fellow guides and our guests. Guiding can’t be just a job, it has to be a near obsession.